Monday, September 30, 2013

Marjorie's 90th Birthday Party

When a strikingly good-looking woman walks into my store requesting to see Simmone Logue, I jump.

Marjorie came to visit me at my store in Double Bay about a month ago to ask if I would cater for her 90th birthday party. I was instantly captivated by this fantastically charming lady. My response? "Of course I would!"

I had my catering consultants book the day out in my diary. Then I set about creating a beautiful menu for Marjorie and her friends for what was going to be a memorable day.

Last Sunday was the big day so my colleagues and I arrived at a lovely home in Mosman to help Marjorie celebrate her special day. With 100 guests there, the champagne was flowing and the sun was shining. Everyone had a great time! Marjorie loves the opera so there was also an opera singer there to perform some of her favourite arias.

For her menu, Marjorie chose my lovely little chicken finger sandwiches along with the Peking duck crepes to start.

As the day ticked along, I served our prawns wrapped in wonton with chilli jam and - one of my personal favourites - the pan seared scallops with nam jim.

 
We also served our gorgeous little chunky beef pies with tomato sauce. Millie, the resident Golden Retriever, loved my pies too.
 
 
Marjorie's birthday cake was fun too!
I fell in love with Marjorie and at the end of the day invited her to my place this Sunday night for roast chook. Her response? "Oh darling, that would be simply fab!!!"
 
My catering brochure is available in both Simmone Logue stores or view online at www.simmonelogue.com
 
Happy cooking and may we all get to 90 with as much style and panache as Marjorie.
 
Simmone x




No comments:

Post a Comment